Re: DBMS_PIPEs problem

From: Graham Miller <lgmiller_at_elmrd.u-net.com>
Date: 1997/04/17

Hello,
  The way i avoided the problem was to pass the the reply back to the calling program in a pipe which is unique to the calling program. The calling program sends the name of the return pipe in the request message.
i.e. All the calling programs talk to the server down one pipe but each calling program receives its reply through its own separate pipe.

There is a function provided in the package for obtaining a unique name.

Graham (aka Grumpy).

suisum_at_freenet.edmonton.ab.ca () wrote...

| Can anyone know how Oracle works if there are more than 1 calling programs
| call a SPECIFIC program?
|
| I have problem in using DBMS_PIPE. I have 2 pipes. One is for recieving
| requests and another is for sending messages back to calling program. I
| have a problem under developement environment because every developer runs
| his/her own copy of the OCI program in his/her schema. As a result, they
| call the OCI program and share the same pipe concurrently. Then, the
| calling program picks up messages not for it but for other calling
| program.
|
| --
| Best regards,

Graham Miller ...
Opinions expressed are mine, they are free, and worth exactly what they cost. Received on Thu Apr 17 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT