Re: HELP ! Proper Implemetation of a WHEN-RADIO-CHANGED TRIGGER

From: Alex Heney <heneya_at_entcf3.agw.co.bt.uk>
Date: 1997/04/17

Jens U. Veigel wrote:

> Hi Pros !
> Can anyone tell me how to implement a WHEN-RADIO-CHANGED Trigger.
> Trying to implement a radio group and need to do somthing if a certain
> button has been selected. I'm not sure if the trigger should be on the
> button or on the group. Tried to attach one to a button and it won't
> work. Could not find any samples in the help file.
>
> Do I need get_radio_button_property ?

You attach the trigger to the Radio Group, not an individual button.

Each button must have a value associated with it, in the designer, and you check for that value.

e.g.	IF Radio_group = 'radval_1'
	THEN
	  Message (' Radio 1 selected');
	  Task code here;
        ELSIF Radio_group = 'radval_2'

etc.

You do not need Get_Radio_Button_Property.

--
The above posting represents the personal opinions of the author and
is not to be taken as official (or unofficial) policy or opinions of

Alex Heney, Living in the Global Village.