Re: GROUP BY disables indexes and parallel query

From: Doug Anderson <dathedba_at_mindspring.com>
Date: 1997/04/17

nuday_at_usa.net wrote:
>Parllel query PQO cannot work on indexes. As far as Oracle7.3.2 you
>cannot parallelize index scans. So if your using parallel query be sure
>that it is always going to perform full table scans - and that is how
>you should use it. ...

Wait a sec. Why would you be able to specify a parallel degree on an index creation if it couldn't use indexes in Parallel Query?

When you do use a parallel degree on indexes it splits the index into separate extents and tries to place them in different datafiles. This way a parallel query server can be assigned only the portion of the index which is in one of those separate extents.

Maybe I don't understand your statement above.