limiting rows returned ?

From: Gopal <gopal_at_astro.temple.edu>
Date: 1997/04/16

Hi Folks,

We are using Oracle 7.3.x on Win/Nt 3.51.

I am new to Oracle and I have a question about limiting the rows being returned by a select statement.

In MS SQL Server or Sybase you can say
set rowcount 1
select * from ...

and only one row will be returned.

Is there a similar option in Oracle which can be used in SQL plus and stored procedure ?.

Regards

Gopal

please email to gopal_at_astro.ocis.temple.edu Received on Wed Apr 16 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT