Re: Oracle Pricing

From: Atif Ahmad Khan <aak2_at_Ra.MsState.Edu>
Date: 1997/04/16

Karen Feigenbaum <caisisco_at_clark.net> writes:

>I am looking into purchasing from Oracle, and I was trying to get an
>idea on what sorts of prices I can expect. Does Oracle price the
>server, per client, per concurrent device, or any combination of the
>above? What kinds of maintenance fees will be needed, and on what basis
>(e.g. per year, starting after 1 year). What about Installation fees
>and licensing fees? Is licensing done on a per client basis, or can I
>purchase a blanket licensing agreement? What about the cost to refresh,
>and how about volume discounts? If you have any information on pricing
>throughout the product's life-cycle, I would greatly apprectiate it.
>Please e-mail directly at caisisco_at_clark.net, and indicate 'to: Karen
>Feigenbaum' in the subject header. Again, answers to any of the above
>questions would be greatly appreciated.

Sounds like you need to pick up the phone and call Oracle and ask for a sales rep :)

Recently Oracle sales rep have started using email. My sales rep really hated using email to correspond with me. He just loved the phone. I told him he should be selling vaccum cleaners instead of Oracle software.

Atif Khan
aak2_at_ra.msstate.edu Received on Wed Apr 16 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT