Re: Atten: Oracle DBAs

From: <phanly_at_panix.com>
Date: 1997/04/15

> "CHUCK KOSITZKE" <ckositzk_at_tir.com> writes:
>
> Should I pursue my masters in Database Analysis or should I take Oracles
> DBA I and DBA II Classes?

I would suggest starting by buying a couple of the better Oracle books on the market. The books put out by Oracle Press are a good start, as are the Oracle books put out by O'Reilly (www.ora.com).

There are DBA books as well as programming, tuning, design and general reference all related to Oracle.

The back of the "Advanced Oracle Tuning and Administration" has a section on how to take the DBA Certification test. Received on Tue Apr 15 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT