Oracle Forms 4.5 problem

From: Robert Simard <Robert.E.Simard_at_state.me.us>
Date: 1997/04/14

First some background information:

     I have a form that displays all child records associated with a parent record. If the user deletes all the child records I want to display a message that the parent record will get deleted. If they click on the OK button I delete the parent record with an SQL procedure. This all works fine when coded in the Return Button and the Key Exit Button.

Here is the problem:

     How do I display the warning message and do the delete procedure when the user navigates out of the form using the menu bar? What trigger(s) can I use?

It was suggested to put all the code into the menu program, but this will cause a maintenance nightmare. It would be nice to have the code in one form.

Thanks, Robert Received on Mon Apr 14 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT