Re: URGENT: Oracle database to Web page quickguide

From: RDBMS <rdbms_at_hkstar.com>
Date: 1997/04/14

Fredrik Larsson wrote:

> URGENT!
>
> I need some kind of step by step quickguide on how to publish an Oracle
> database on the web. I am working with Oracle Workgroup server 7.2 and
> Oracle webserver 2.x.
> I only have until Friday so I am in big troubles and the info I have got
> don´t seem to include any step by step guide but is more from reference
> purposes. All info is desired. Please also mail me personally.
> --
> My web database should be able to do this:
> 1. Search the existing database.
> 2. Update the existing database.
>
> I believe that this would be quite simple and I have experience from
> developing with Borland Delphi. My problem is that I don´t know exactly
> where to start. So please help me.

  Following is an example for searching

  PROCEDURE search(keyword IN VARCHAR2) IS   CURSOR c IS

         select f1 from t1 where f2 like '%'||keyword||'%';

  i number := 0;
  BEGIN

         htp.htmlOpen;
         htp.headOpen;
         htp.headclose;

         htp.bodyopen;
         htp.print('Following is the searching results : ");
         for rec in c loop
             htp.print(rec.f1||'<br>');
             i := i+1;
         end loop;
         if i == 0 then
            htp.print('Record not found');
         end if;
         htp.bodyclose;
         htp.htmlclose;

  END;   You can use update by inserting an update statement. If you want to have an example, I can provide you one.
* Please go to http://www.hkstar.com/~rdbms/oracle.htm to find other solns  *

---
Name   : Lun Wing San (Certified Oracle Database Administrator)

Title  : Oracle Database Administrator and System Administrator of QRC
Phone  : (852)27885841

This posting represents the personal opinions of the author. It is not the
official opinion or policy of the author's employer. Warranty expired when you
opened this article and I will not be responsible for its contents or use.