Re: Desperate call for help

From: Hrishikesh Samant <samant_at_simulate.com>
Date: 1997/04/14

I'm not sure how personal Oracle/Access work, but the general ODBC syntax is as follows:
(this is a snippet from my VFP code)..
'annyddl' is my stored procedure in oracle which creates a table in Oracle.

Sql_Str = "CREATE TABLE " + cTableName + cTableSpace + " storage "

        Sql_Str = Sql_Str + "(initial " + cInitialSize + " next " + cNextSize + " minextents " + cMinextents

	Sql_Str = Sql_Str + " maxextents " + cMaxExtents + ") "
	Sql_Str = Sql_Str + " As SELECT EMP_NAME, EMP_NO FROM EMP "

Exec_Str ="{call anyddl(" + "'" + Sql_Str +"'" + ")}"

ReturnVal = SQLEXEC(nHandle,Exec_Str)

Hope this helps..

Hrishikesh Samant