Re: How to connect with Micro Focus COBOL

From: Thomas Grundey <grundey_at_ibm.net>
Date: 1997/04/13

lovedog_at_gwis2.circ.gwu.edu (Shaochun Lin) wrote:

>Thanks in advance, if anyone know Oracle has gateway engine with
>Micor Focus COBOL file, please let me know where I can find it.
>I am urgently in converting some those files to Oracle table.
>Thanks again. Shaochun,

The company Parkway offers an odbc driver which allows you to connect for example from SQL*Plus to a cobol file. No aggregate functions yet, so you cannot do a select count(*) from cobol_table. You can generate a spool file from within SQL*plus and use it to import the data into oracle.
I used the product to built a dll which enables a forms application to interact with the cobol files.
It comes in a 16 bit and a 32 bit version Received on Sun Apr 13 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT