Re: 'temp' oracle tables

From: <nuday_at_usa.net>
Date: 1997/04/13

Gopal wrote:

> Hi Guys,
>
> We are in the middle of porting a rather complex
> SQL Server app. to Oracle 7.3.x.
>
> I confess at the outset that I am new to Oracle.
>
> I would like to find out about how to create and user 'temp' tables
> in Oracle in a manner similar to SQL Server. In SQL Server
> it is possible to create temp tables in a stored procedure and this
> table is only visible to that procedure and dies after the
> procedure completes.
>
> Thank You
>
> Regards
>
> Gopal
> please email to gopal_at_astro.ocis.temple.edu

The reason as to why you want to create "temp" tables is not clear from your posting. However I would like to mention that you could possibly use PL/SQL tables which remain local to the procedure. The other possible option would be to create "temp" tables using dynamic sql and then drop them in the procedure. Remember however, that such statements cause an implicit COMMIT to be issued. Received on Sun Apr 13 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT