Invoking Oracle store proc via VB4/16, DAO

From: Cal Wong <calwong_at_concentric.net>
Date: 1997/04/12

Hi all,

I'm in the process of converting a database server from Sybase 4.92 to Oracle 7.3. Not too much problem there except for the VB front end. Apparently, invoking Oracle stored proc. is not as easy as I thought. I tried the following without any luck:

:
:

sSql = "EXECUTE MyProc('Param1','Param2');" Set MySet = MyDB.OpenRecordset(sSql, dbOpenDynaset,dbSQLPassThrough)

I tried the above again using sSQL = "{CALL MyProc('Param1','Param2')}" and the system returned a dreadful GPF.

The above works fine with a select clause..... but not when calling store proc.

Any code snippets or advice is much appreciated. Thanks in advance.
-Calvin Received on Sat Apr 12 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT