Oracle RDBMS running on Netware 4.10

From: alfee <alfee_at_hk.super.net>
Date: 1997/04/11

Hi,

I am a Oracle new user. There are some problems to my Oracle database server.

In my case, I installed Oracle on Netware 4.10 platform. These are Oracle installed component list :

	Oracle Bequeath Protocol Adapter : v2.2.2.0.4
	Oracle NLSRTL : v3.1.4.0.1
	Oracle  Driver for Netware : 7.2.2.4.6
	Oracle SPX Protocol Adapter : v2.2.2.0.4
	Oracle SQL*Net v2 Driver : v2.2.2.0.4
	Oracle TNS Library : v2.2.2.0.4
	Oracle  TNS Listener : v2.2.2.0.4
	Oracle Toolkit : v2.0.10.1.5
	Oracle PL/SQL : v2.2.2.3.0
	Oracle CORE : v3.4.2.2.0

I have a schedule backup job running on every midnight, using Arcserve 5.01g. Before the backup start to run, it will shut down the Oracle database server and restart it after finish backup. During running down Oracle command, there is a error message:

	4-11-97 12:01:33 am Server-4.10-2715
	Severity=1 Locus=16 Class=19
	Module did not release 3536 resources
	Module : Oracle7 Server for Netware v7.2.2.4
	Resource : Small memory allocations
	Description : Alloc Memory (Bytes)

This error also occurs when manual shut down.

At now, I have many questions and hope any experts can give me a hand. 1. How many memory will Oracle eat? There are 15-20 connections.

    Please tell me the formula.

2. Is there any tools to measure and tune the utilitization of Oracle?

3. I have 128MB RAM in my server and two 4.3GB SCSI HDDs, most likely there are 50-60 connections. Is it enough in this case?

4. Should I upgrade Arcserve Backup from 5.01g to 6.0?

5. I want to setup a new Netware server for Oracle, is it worth to do?

6. Do any Netware settings I need to change?

I would like to provide more information if have any not clear. Thank you very much.

Alfee Choi <alfee_at_hk.super.net> Received on Fri Apr 11 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT