Re: ORA-03115 Error AND Oracle (lack of) support group

From: Rick Brown <rick_at_onramp.net>
Date: 1997/04/10

In article <5iglr6$m5c_at_nntp.interaccess.com> mikef_at_interaccess.com (Mike Fried) writes:

>I have what 'seems' like a simple problem with Oracle. I am using the
>Pro*C compiler and have a simple SQL UPDATE statement. The statement
>works if I hardcode a variable into to SET clause but fails if I use
>a host variable. The error is:

> ORA-03115: unsupported network datatype or representation

>If abyone out there has insight into this I would appreciate hearing
>from you. And, thanks in advance.

I saw this the other day when a developer (accidentally) tried to bind a float on a table to a 2-byte character field. Check the data type on the table and make sure that your host variable is of the right type and sufficient minimum size from Oracle's perspective.

Rick Brown
rick_at_onramp.net Received on Thu Apr 10 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT