Driver load question

From: Peter Oake <peteroak_at_auracom.com>
Date: 1997/04/08

Hi,

Not sure if this is the place to ask this question but perhaps someone can direct me if not.

I am a consultant that recently took over a small network for a hydro firm. They have a seperate server running what I believe is Oracle 7.0 (according to invoice from previous consultant). The invoice shows the following purchased/installed:
SQL time, Novell 3.12 and Oracle 7 (Oracle Application Server license).

This has been a total Dos 6.2 environment. The trouble starts when I attempt to load their application in a dos box under Win95 or Win3.1 . The batch file
attempts to load a driver called SQLPME. This returns an error message that says VCPI is not installed.

As such the application (payroll) will not start. I am able to restart the workstation in full dos mode and the application will load just fine. The hope is to keep win95 running and use the application in a dos box rather than have to restart the computer each time that they want to use this application.

Any info as to a fix would be of immense value, needless to say I am completely
new to anything to do with Oracle / SQL.

Thank You in advance,

Peter Oake
peteroak_at_auracom.com Received on Tue Apr 08 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT