Is OO4O notoriously slow with VB4?

From: Hadi Kanan <Hadi_at_force12.com>
Date: 1997/04/08

We have recently converted a 16bit VB3 application accessing an Access 2 database into a 32 bit VB4 application accessing an Oracle7 server. The 16 bit app used a number of snapshots to fill list boxes etc, but OO4O doesn't seem to support snapshots, only dynasets. The upshot of this is that list boxes now seem to take an age to fill (45 secs for 400 list items!) Creation of the dynaset seems to be fast enough so I don't think database optimisation will help. Is it just that OO4O is a slow way to do things?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

TIA Hadi

--
Force12 Solutions Ltd