Re: oracle7.3.2 motif based tools

From: oracle <oracle_at_nightmare.com>
Date: 1997/04/07

Oracle wrote:

  We installed Oracle 7.3.2.1 on Sun sparc5 running Solaris 2.5. When   we
  try to
  run 'svrmgrm, we are gettinh the following error:

    TK2-00001: an undefined Oracle Toolkit II failure occurred

  Server manager is working fine in line mode. We used
/usr/openwin/lib

  and
/usr/dt/lib while installing Oracle. Can any one suggest a solution
  get
  around this error?

  Thanks

  Sudheer
  mshko_at_mouse.biosci.wayne.edu

 Here is the obvious to try:

  1. first see if you can run xclock
  2. if it works then move onto (2)
  3. if it does not work, check with your OS vendor
  4. Make sure your TERM and ORACLE_TERM if you have it set our set to something legal like "vt100".
  5. Do an "xdpyinfo" and make sure your visual class is pseudocolor, that is 256 colors.
  6. Make sure the LD_LIBRARY_PATH has the ORACLE_HOME/lib first.

If you need more information about any of these let me know. Received on Mon Apr 07 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT