Re: How to capture SQL_TEXT of queries?

From: Dragon Fly <dfly_at_infinet.com>
Date: 1997/04/07

Michael Ho <infoage_at_hk.super.net> wrote in article <3349161D.E85_at_hk.super.net>...
> Dragon Fly wrote:
>
> > how about setting up a trigger on some system table which gets
> > updated or inserted into whenever someone runs "SELECT" ??
> > which table(s) might be a good candidate?
>
> Maybe work, never try.
> But sounds too risky. I think a good DBA will never allow something
> like that happen.

well, I didn't do it yet ..
I wasn't feeling secure enough about setting up the trigger on a system table, mainly because I do not see a way to avoid race condition when a trigger on a system table can trigger itself again and again..
However i wonder why the heck Oracle did not implement trigger for SELECT ?

Thanks,
Sergei Received on Mon Apr 07 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT