Re: DBMS question??

From: Michael Ho <infoage_at_hk.super.net>
Date: 1997/04/06

Roland A. Brown wrote:

> Does anyone can give me some ideas about the following questions?
>
> "May a modern DBMS system be used by staff without any formal training in
> computer systems? If so, how so? If not, what is the minimal level of
> training required and how may an organisation ensure staff maintain a
> level of expertise in an ever changing technical situation?

Why you ask that ? I don't think it is the question you ask.

Since DBMS is the system which manage your data. The users are using interfaces to access the DBMS. Sometimes, the interface can be user-friendly,
sometimes not.

Eg. Usually Oracle DBA will use SQL based tools to management the DBMS, but with the Enterprise Manager, the relative training required is less. In this case, the DBMS is the same, but different is the interface.

However, currently the trend is that user-interfaces are more and more user-friendly,
which is good, that the users can pick-up faster and work more efficiently.

Minimal training !? I think use doesn't means understand !!! Let me quote a phase from Oracle - "A fool with a tool is a dangerous fool" Received on Sun Apr 06 1997 - 00:00:00 CST