Re: Help - Tables

From: Daniel A. Morgan <dmorgan_at_exesolutions.com>
Date: 1997/04/06

> > Can someone please help me with this problem? I am new to Oracle;
> > when I create a project or table in Oracle, How can I see or access
> > the table from Windows Exploer?

> You can't access tables from Windows Explorer. The usable data of an
> Oracle database is logically stored in the tablespaces and physically
> stored in the data files associated with the corresponding tablespaces

Miguel's answer to Ikenna's question is correct but he might have added that Oracle and other SQL RDBMS's are not like PC DBMS' (ie Access and Paradox). A viewer in the traditional sense is not possible. It is possible, however to use products such as Eventus' SQL Navigator to view data in Oracle tables.

Daniel A. Morgan Received on Sun Apr 06 1997 - 00:00:00 CST