Re: Outer union in Oracle

From: Thomas kyte <tkyte_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: 1997/04/05

On 5 Apr 1997 07:07:28 GMT, "Patrick Andersen" <svp95pan_at_lustudat.student.lu.se> wrote:

>I want to create a view with attributes from two tables that are not Union
>compatible and I wonder if anyone know how I can do this.
>
>:) Pade

Make them union compatible. Coerce everything to VARCHAR.

for example:

select ename
from emp
union all
select to_char(empno)
from emp
/

Thomas Kyte
tkyte_at_us.oracle.com
Oracle Government
Bethesda MD

Opinions are mine and do not necessarily reflect those of Oracle Corporation Received on Sat Apr 05 1997 - 00:00:00 CST