Re: Calling procedures in Webserver

From: Thomas kyte <tkyte_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: 1997/04/05

Assuming the procedure was written as:

create or replace procedure AlterUser( p_username in varchar2 ) is
begin
end;
/

then the URL to call that would be:

http://server/ows-bin/owa/AlterUser?p_username=BOB

When you get the Request Failed, you should look in $ORACLE_HOME/owsX/log for a file named after your DCD (in this case, ows-bin). The tail of this file will have the error specific to your invocation. (the X in owsX is for the version of webserver)

On Wed, 02 Apr 1997 17:39:15 GMT, oyme_at_osl.ifsab.se (Øystein Meiningen) wrote:

>Does anyone know of a way to call WebServer-procedures, with
>parameters from other htm-pages.
>
>As long as I do a call to a call without any parameters as:
> <A HREF="http://server/ows-bin/owa/AlterUser"> there is no problem,
>but if I want to pass for instance the username to this procedure, all
>I get is:
>
>Request Failed
> We were unable to process your request at this time.
> Please try again later.
>
>Any ideas on what to do ????
>

>Øystein Meiningen
>IFS Norge AS
>oyme_at_osl.ifsab.se

Thomas Kyte
tkyte_at_us.oracle.com
Oracle Government
Bethesda MD

Opinions are mine and do not necessarily reflect those of Oracle Corporation Received on Sat Apr 05 1997 - 00:00:00 CST