Backups?

From: Joel Wallen <wallen_at_sprynet.com>
Date: 1997/04/04

I'm using ARCSERVE 6.0 to backup up a Netware Server and an Oracle Database.
Backup speed drops to an extreamly low level when certain .dat files are being backed up. I'm guessing these files are new datafiles that do not yet contain data and that there is heavy compression occuring with the backup software. Any recommendations on using or not using compression while performing backups?

thanks,

wallen_at_sprynet.com Received on Fri Apr 04 1997 - 00:00:00 CST