ODBC and Win95 Search Path

From: Jerry Apfelbaum <japfelba_at_ican.ca>
Date: 1997/04/04

The ODBC installation instructions say that the ORACLE_HOME\bin directory name must be in the Search Path.

How do I set the Search Path in Windows 95? Am I missing something very basic?

In the old DOS/Win3.1 days, the Path was set in the autoexec.bat but I don't believe that applies under Win95.

I have the ODBC installed and configured but it doesn't work with the ODBC test utility that comes with the driver. SQL*Net works fine, and I can connect through ODBC using the ODBC Support Assistant from Oracle's Web site. But the Support Assistant tells me I need to put the ORACLE_HOME/bin in my Path. It says to do this by:

 "invoking the System applet in the ControlPanel, clicking on the Path line in the System Environment Variables window, adding D:\ORAWIN95\BIN in the Value box at the bottom of the window, and clicking Set for the Oracle ODBC Driver to function properly."

Now, the System applet in my Win95 Control Panel does not say anything about System Environment Variables. I think they are referring to NT.

All of you who have already installed ODBC must have gone through this already. Anyone have some advice for me?

Thanks in advance.

Jerry Apfelbaum           email: japfelba_at_ican.ca
Eastern Sun Group Inc.    phone:     416.769.8738
Toronto, Canada             fax:     416.769.7428