Re: Oracle Replication Manager

From: Michael Ho <infoage_at_hk.super.net>
Date: 1997/04/04

Michel Sahyoun wrote:

> Has anyone used the Replication Manager before? Does it work with a
> heterogeneous environment consisting of Oracle versions ranging from 7.0
> to 7.3?
>
> Any fedback would be greatly appreciated.

I actual have experience setup a Replication environment which is now in production.

The Oracle Replication Option doesn't work below 7.3.

My comment is :

1. Knowledge, Training and Experience is essential.
2. More consideration in security and performance consideration.
3. More consideration and efforts in architectual and functional design.
4. More consideration in operation procedure setup.
5. More effor to maintain and support.

Conclusion, good but be careful.
By the way, my Replication Manager on NT works fine but slow.

Regards,
Michael Received on Fri Apr 04 1997 - 00:00:00 CST