Forms 4.5 : Giving the connect string as parameter

From: Philippe Lizon <lizon_at_cr-aquitaine.fr>
Date: 1997/04/03

We are using 2 oracle databases on 2 differents UNIX machines. Some PC client have to acces the 2 databases, but have a preferred database, as set in the oracle.ini file (local=t:.....).

The problem is when we try to acces the other database with Forms we have to supply the username, passwd and the other connect string t:...

Is ther a way to give FORMS this new connect string as a parameter in the command line but keeping the need for the user to supply is username/pwd?

Please send your answer by mail and in this newsgroup for the community. Received on Thu Apr 03 1997 - 00:00:00 CST