Re: Developer 2000 & ODBC

From: Oliver Dungey <ODungey_at_axe.rcuk.cca.rockwell.com>
Date: 1997/04/03

Vijay Raghavacharian <vraghavach_at_worldnet.att.net> wrote in article <333A6C7C.7B15_at_worldnet.att.net>...
> I have a copy of Developer 2000 running under WIndows 95. I want to use
> ODBC to connect to the Persosal Oracle 7 database which resides on the
> same PC. I have installed the ODBC adminsitrator for Oracle 7.1. I have
> used the ODBC adminsitrator before to connect to Watcom and SYbase 10
> running on my PC. But when I try to use the ODBC to create the data
> source for Po7, how do I tell ODBC what the database is ? Neither do I
> understand the SQL*Net Connect String value that needs to be entered.

The 'Data Source Name' in ODBC administration refers to the DB alias that you have set up through the 'SQL Net Easy Configuration. The important bit is that you must use a connect string of '2:' to connect to personal Oracle 7 - a strange idea but it works, I've just done the same.

Regards, Oly (Oliver Dungey)
Telephone Home: (+44)(0)118-9320651 Office: (+44)(0)118-9359151 MailTo:ODungey_at_axe.rcuk.cca.rockwell.com http://www.rockwell.com Received on Thu Apr 03 1997 - 00:00:00 CST