Re: Oracle Webserver inquiries

From: Daniel A. Morgan <dmorgan_at_exesolutions.com>
Date: 1997/04/02

> My current client is looking at converting a system developed using
> Visual Basic and Oracle to a web-based system. The client wants to use
> Microsoft's Visual Interdev and VB 5 to develop web-based forms that
> call Oracle stored procedures.

Why oh why go through so much trouble. Visual Interdev is not yet ready for prime time (remember we are talking about a version 1 Microsoft product, better to wait for version 3.x).

The fastest Oracle to Web connection you can make is using IIS ASP (Activer Server Pages). With the latest Oracle ODBC driver (available from www.oracle.com) you can connect ASPs to Oracle 7.3 with nothing in-between except a little VBA.

Daniel A. Morgan Received on Wed Apr 02 1997 - 00:00:00 CST