PO7 Lost Password..help!

From: Salar Hassani <salar_at_salnet.demon.co.uk>
Date: 1997/04/01

I recently zapped my hard disc and had to restore my Personal oracle for Windows 95 from a backup tape.

All is fine, except I now can't start the database. What I am almost certain was my startup password is not accepted.

  1. Is it a known problem for the password to become corrupted during a restore session of this sort or have I simply forgotten it?
  2. Is there anyway I can change this password without having to reinstall my Des/2000 Dev/2000 tablespaces etc. etc. "I just want my password back"! :^)

With thanks

Salar Hassani

salar_at_salnet.demon.co.uk
salar.seh-e_at_dail.pipex.com Received on Tue Apr 01 1997 - 00:00:00 CST