Performance/Tuning of Oracle Reports

From: Paul Holder <paul.holder_at_nbnz.co.nz>
Date: 1997/04/01

We are running Version 2.5 of Oracle Reports on a Sequent server, and one of our main reports take 2 days to run. However, if we run the same report 7 times for subsets of the data it only takes 5 hours.

The complete report is 1,500 pages, and is based on 7 tables (6 of which have no more than 2000 rows, while the main table has 200,000 rows).

We have tuned the SQL and think that most of the processing time is spent formatting the report.

Any ideas? Received on Tue Apr 01 1997 - 00:00:00 CST