Oracle forms runtime printing in character mode.

From: David Winslow <dwinslow_at_maroon.tc.umn.edu>
Date: 1997/04/01

We are in the middle of a project to convert from forms 3.0 to forms 4.5 and we have discovered a real issue with printing. The screens oracle displays to print the current screen are much more complex than their counter parts in 3.0. The 3.0 version had one simple screen that you chose either to print to a file or print to a printer (1 screen 1 question). The new version first pops up a file save dialog box and gives you no indication of what to do if you want to print to a printer. The second window requires you to know the name of your printer, something our users will probably never know. We would like a way to bypass these screens entirely, or at least give a default printer. Oracle tells me this is not possible.

Does anyone have a way around this? We are running under HP-Unix and don't mind writing some extra code to get around this.

Please email me if you have any suggestions.

Thanks,
Dave

dwinslow_at_maroon.tc.umn.edu
or
WINSL000_at_mail.genmills.com Received on Tue Apr 01 1997 - 00:00:00 CST