Help on Configuration of Models and Oracle objects

From: Eldna D. Smith <Eldna.D.Smith_at_HQ01.usace.army.mil>
Date: 1997/04/01

I have two questions,which hopefully, someone can help.

  1. GUI forms. The question is, in what ways can ClearCase support versions of Forms 4.5? Can it support merging of these types of files? From what I'm told, the only way to do this is convert the forms file to text ? Has PureAtria or Oracle addressed this issue?
  2. Version Control of Rapid Application Development products. We have a customer who is currently using CASE tools to generate the forms used as the inteface to their application. The customer uses Oracle Designer 2000 to create the source to generate t forms. The requirement is to maintain the application from the model versions rather than the source code for the forms. Once the forms are "compiled", the source is considered a throwaway. If the source for the forms is used to maintain version control, the developer would have to check out the form, re-engineer the form back into a model before making changes. I guess the question is, can PureAtria be linked to Oracle Designer 2000 to maintain version control of the models?

Thx in advance for any thoughts on these issues...

Eldna

Bramble and Associates, Inc.
800/418-3717 Received on Tue Apr 01 1997 - 00:00:00 CST