Re: Index tablespaces

From: Sol Negrine <snegrine_at_netcomuk.co.uk>
Date: 1997/04/01

With such large tables, and hence indexes, it seems highly unlikely that hits are going to be co-located physically; hence a lot of disk activity is indicated..so...if you use multiple tablespaces and place them on separate physical volumes you will get (some) benefit in index lookups.

Alternatively, consider using a parallel architecture...

Regards
Sol

Bruce Bristol <bbristol_at_ix.netcom.com> wrote in article <3340A7D5.2356_at_ix.netcom.com>...