Re: OCI on Oracle 7 Workgroup Server

From: Fernando Pereira <morgan_at_cardume.com>
Date: 1997/04/01

Yes, OCI is available in the workgroup. For the differences, as far as I know, they concern the availability of options as the Advanced Replication (I don't know if it still exists separated or changed name) and the spatial option.

Be careful with the release number (make sure it is supported in your version of NT). Also, if you plan to use OCIW32.DLL make sure you have version 1.0.0.2 of it (the first version gives very strange errors!). We have used OCI in our product and we lost some days with OCIW32, but it was an Oracle bug.

Herman Chen <Herman_Chen_at_iisinotes1.iisi.com.tw> wrote in article <5hi034$cr_at_reader.seed.net.tw>...
> Since Oracle 7 Workgroup is
> cheaper soultion thus one thing I would like to know is if OCI is
 available on
> Oracle 7 Workgroup on NT. Also, any difference between the Enterprise and

> Workgroup versions?

Best Regards,
Fernando (morgan_at_cardume.com)
CardumeSoftware