Re: Good Windows based DBA tools for Oracle 7.3

From: Fernando Pereira <morgan_at_cardume.com>
Date: 1997/04/01

We can help in part of your problem, at least:

Jeff Farquharson <jeff_at_cal.isac.ca> wrote in article <3339f1e6.7154879_at_news.realcase.com>...
> 4. performance tuning - I understand that some tools even have
> 'wizards' that will make recommendations for improving performance

Our product, TunaSQL for Oracle was created with Oracle 7.3 (also supports 7.2 and 7.3), and can help you to capture/investigate the SQL statements that run wild! This won't do all the work (you may still need to tune the database parameters itselfves), and for this you can use Oracle Expert (from Oracle's PowerPack).

TunaSQL integrates itself with Oracle's Enterprise Manager (as does the Oracle Expert).

You can download a fully functional demo at www.cardume.com (the restriction is that it only works with the well known and liked SCOTT/TIGER user, but as I know this user tables exist since at least Oracle 4.1.4, there shouldn't be any problem.

Best Regards,

Fernando (morgan_at_cardume.com)
CardumeSoftware
www.cardume.com Received on Tue Apr 01 1997 - 00:00:00 CST