Re: Multiple instances, how many listeners?

From: Lun Wing San (Oracle) <wslun_at_qrcsun.qrc.org>
Date: 1997/03/31

Annetta Marie wrote:

> Is it better to use one listener for all instances on one server, or
> should seperate listeners on their own ports be set up, and why?
> Thanks. Please respond via e-mail

  For one listener,
  You can save one more port and reduce the resources used.

  More than one listener,
  You can increase the process priority (OS level) for this port and thus improve the performance of your urgent processes.

---
Name   : Lun Wing San (Certified Oracle Database Administrator)

Title  : Oracle Database Administrator and System Administrator of QRC
Phone  : (852)27885841

This posting represents the personal opinions of the author. It is not the
official opinion or policy of the author's employer. Warranty expired when you
opened this article and I will not be responsible for its contents or use.