Oracle Webserver inquiries

From: Jonathan Ingram <jingram_at_teleport.com>
Date: 1997/03/30

My current client is looking at converting a system developed using Visual Basic and Oracle to a web-based system. The client wants to use Microsoft's Visual Interdev and VB 5 to develop web-based forms that call Oracle stored procedures.

I have a couple of questions about this that someone out there may be able to provide an answer for.

First, I understand that Visual Interdev supports Active Data Objects (ADO). Is Oracle Corporation taking the same position about ADO that it did about ODBC (Oracle Database Crasher :-) ?

Second, are there any connectivity issues with Oracle and Visual Interdev?

Any information along these lines will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks much,

Jonathan Ingram Received on Sun Mar 30 1997 - 00:00:00 CST