ORACLE 6 - ODBC - ACCESS

From: Stefan Buecken <buecken_at_pf.fal.de>
Date: 1997/03/28

Hi,

I am working on an old ORACLE 6 server. With a little luck I managed to establish an ODBC-connection between Access 2.0 and this Oracle server. I tried to import tables from Access to Oracle. This worked well until I made a typing mistake. One tablename in Access started with lower case letters. This table has been imported into the Oracle database correctly but it is not accessible in Oracle. When I list the tables by 'select * from tab' the table is listed. When I import the table via ODBC into Access the datas are shown. When I try to access the table in Oracle I get an error message that the table is not existing.

Does anyone know how I can access or drop this table? I have dba rights, this would allow to delete the entries about the table from the system tables (OBJ$ aso.). Because I am not familiar with the basic structur of oracle this seems to be to dangerous for me.

Thanks for answering in advance.

Stefan Received on Fri Mar 28 1997 - 00:00:00 CST