Re: Query on LONG-fields

From: Pauli Salmu <pauli.salmu_at_pp.kolumbus.fi>
Date: 1997/03/28

Jim Kennedy wrote:
> >I would be interested, whether it is somehow possible to query on basis
> >of fields of type 'LONG' in ORACLE (7.2.3).
> You cannot.
> Jim Kennedy
> Jim_Kennedy_at_Medicalogic.com

Don't be so negative, man! ;-) It's a bit awkward, but possible: if the data is not too LONG to fit a PL/SQL variable, you can define your own function to test the likeness and use it in select. I think there were detailed instructions posted here earlier. Maybe you could find them in DejaNews. Received on Fri Mar 28 1997 - 00:00:00 CST