Re: Good Windows based DBA tools for Oracle 7.3

From: Campbell White <Preveal2_at_vni.net>
Date: 1997/03/27

Jeff Farquharson wrote:

> I am working on a development project where we are using Oracle 7.3 as
> the DBMS. As the project progresses I will be playing more of a DBA
> role. I want to evaluate good Windows based DBA tools for Oracle 7.3.
> I require a tool that will help me with:
> 1. day-to-day tasks - like creating tables and indexes, managing
> users, etc
> 2. performance monitoring - like checking locks, table extents,
> shared memory usage, etc
> 3. more complicated tasks - like moving or restructuring a table that
> has production data in it and has many triggers, constraints and other
> dependencies
> 4. performance tuning - I understand that some tools even have
> 'wizards' that will make recommendations for improving performance
>
> Ideally I am looking for a product that I can download from the 'net
> and evaluate for a period before I buy.
>
> If anyone out there can recommend such a tool I would be very grateful
> indeed
>
> thank you
>
> __ __
> __/\_\ Jeff Farquharson /_/\__
> /_/\/_/ Senior Systems Consultant \_\/\_\
> \_\/_/\ I.S.A. Corporation /\_\/_/
> \_\/ (jeff_at_cal.isac.ca) \/_/

Try downloading "RevealNet Oracle Administration Knowledge Base" from http://www.revealnet.com

This product is an excellent desktop reference covering almost 2,000 technical topics for DBAs, plus over 11,000 Oracle error messages. It's also reasonably priced.

Best wishes,

Cam White
RevealNet, Inc.
(800) 738-3254 Received on Thu Mar 27 1997 - 00:00:00 CST