Help - SQL*MODULE for Ada

From: david_c <david_c_at_systemautomation.com>
Date: 1997/03/27

We are running Oracle 7.3.2 on RS6K/AIX3.2.5 and trying to call interface procedures from Ada using SQL*Module. I am having problem 'Linking' SQLLIB with Ada codes.

I wrote a VERY simple Ada and Module source code for testing. I could compile both Ada and Module codes using 'Ada95'(from Rational APEX.2.0.8) and using 'modada', respectively. I've also compiled Ada codes generated by 'modada' without any problem using Ada95. My poorly written manual says I need to LINK these compiled ada codes with SQLLIB.

  1. Under what directory does this SQLLIB exist? ( I've seen '..../oracle73/lib' and '..../oracle73/precomp/public' have something like it but not sure )
  2. How do I LINK SQLLIB ?
  3. Is SQL*Module compatible with Ada95? --> this should have been the first question.

Any HELP/COMMENT/SUGGESTION will be greatly appreciated...

E-mail:
david_c_at_systemautomation.com or dchoi_at_wam.umd.edu Received on Thu Mar 27 1997 - 00:00:00 CST