SQL*Plus oddities

From: <tml1-nospam_at_ix.netcom.com>
Date: 1997/03/27

I'm posting the following to this group after receiving no replies in the com.databases.oracle.server group.

We are running two Oracle databases, one on a NetWare server (no flames, please), and one on an HP-UNIX server. We are using the same installation of SQL*Plus 3.2 (on another NetWare server) to access each. When we connect to the NetWare database, we have no problems. When we connect to the Unix database, the cursor in SQL*Plus appears at the top of the window instead of at the prompt, making it very difficult to see what we're doing. Interestingly, if we TNSPING the database first, this does NOT happen. Any ideas on how to fix this?

Also, how do we set the keyboard to use F10 for pause in SQL*Plus queries, and Ctrl-C for abort? Again, these functions work against our NetWare database but when selecting against the Unix database, we get a "Query Executing" pop-up window which overrides the keyboard.

Finally, we assume there must be something that SQL*Plus reads on the different servers to make it behave differently. We can't figure out what this is, though, other than the obvious glogin.sql, which is dentical on the two servers.

All help will be greatly appreciated.

Tim Lawrence Received on Thu Mar 27 1997 - 00:00:00 CST