Can SQL*Plus do pivoting fuctions?

From: kelim <limke_at_letterbox.com>
Date: 1997/03/26

I need to extract out the sales data of the current month and the subsequent 3 months which are the forecast figures. The dates are stored in a single column :

Date        Sales Figures

The output required is :

Department Current Mth CM+1 CM+2 CM+3

Thsi is similar to a Excel pivot function, but I need to use SQL to generate reports from a Oracle server on Unix so that I can use shell scripts to automate the report generations.
Anyone with any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

Lim Received on Wed Mar 26 1997 - 00:00:00 CST