HELP: problem w/adding custom app to Project Accting submission list

From: Brian F. Haddock <admintnp_at_tnpe.com>
Date: 1997/03/26

I'm having trouble adding a custom program to the report submission list in Project Accounting application. I understand this requires manually inserting records into the pa_programs and pa_progam_parameters tables after registering the applications thru System Administrator and then adding them thru the PA Administrator responsibility. But, at least for me, this is not working.

Do the custom programs have to be in the $PA_TOP directory structure or can they be put in custom directories as long as they are registered under a custom application?

Where do you derive the value for program_id? What value should be plugged into 'type' for a shell script (will 'C' suffice to point it to the /bin directory)?

If anyone has a sample script demonstrating the inserts into pa_programs and/or pa_program_parameters it would be *greatly* appreciated.

---
              Brian F. Haddock
       Texas-New Mexico Power Company
           4100 International Plaza