Test Data

From: Scott E. Stratton <infinity_at_supernet.net>
Date: 1997/03/26

Hi!

New to the newsgroup, so apologies if this is not the right forum for this question: I am looking for a good tool to generate reasonable test data in an oracle 7.x database. I have looked at a few and the major feature that seems to be lacking is the ability to generate _relational_ test data. In other words, if the tool generates 1000 records in a parent table, then a child table should have between (for example) 1000-5000 records, appropriate linked via the foriegn key (1-5 children per paren). Does anyone know of such a tool? Some other nice features (which some tools do seem to have): psuedo-random data, "real-word" strings, data produced by distribution, GUI interface.

Any thoughts? All discussion much appreciated.

Scott E. Stratton
Senior Software Engineer
Infinity Software Development, Inc. Received on Wed Mar 26 1997 - 00:00:00 CST