Re: Q: Foreign Keys and Locking problems

From: Mserban <mserban_at_aol.com>
Date: 1997/03/26

You can find information about foreign keys and locking in "Oracle7 Server - Application Developer's Guide", Chapter 6 ("Maintaining Data Integrity"). The one I have is the December 1992 edition. It is part of the official Oracle documentation manuals.

Also, the March/April 1997 issue of "Oracle Alliance Journal" contains an article about the same problem: "How to manage foreign key indexes" by Gregg W. Jackson. The magazine can be accessed online at http://alliance.oracle.com/journal. If the article is not available online, e-mail me a fax # where to fax you the article.

I hope this helps.

Michael Serbanescu
Senior Consultant, MIACO Corporation Received on Wed Mar 26 1997 - 00:00:00 CST