Re: Q: Foreign Keys and Locking problems

From: Thomas kyte <tkyte_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: 1997/03/25

On Tue, 25 Mar 1997 20:05:41 GMT, djetz_at_sierrasys.com wrote:

>Does anyone have any detailed information about how not indexing
>foreign keys can cause locking problems and why?
>
>Could you please e-mail me with any information you have or with the
>source of where I might find this information.
>
>Thanks in advance,
>
>Doris Jetz
>Consultant.

Chapter 6 of the Application Developers Guide, the section entitled "Concurrency Control, Indexes, and Foreign Keys" details the issues.

Thomas Kyte
tkyte_at_us.oracle.com
Oracle Government
Bethesda MD

Opinions are mine and do not necessarily reflect those of Oracle Corporation Received on Tue Mar 25 1997 - 00:00:00 CST