Designer/Developer 2000 vs. Power Objects

From: Larry Acklin <wzb6k5_at_ny.rsc.gmeds.com>
Date: 1997/03/25

I am looking for some design advice. I am developing a WEB based application for an Oracle database. I have users around the world. The application basically on generates reports based upon the user selecting search/sort criteria. The reports need to have drill-down capabilities and be printable.

Should I use Designer/Developer 2000 products to generate the screens and reports and present them in HTML OR use Power Objects utilizing Crystal Reports?

The benefit of the first alternative is nothing to install on the clients. The second may give me better reporting capabilities.

Has anyone looked into this issue before?

Larry Acklin
wzb6k5_at_ny.rsc.gmeds.com Received on Tue Mar 25 1997 - 00:00:00 CST