Re: Help - Tables

From: miguel <jmiguel_at_cet.pt>
Date: 1997/03/25

You can't access tables from Windows Explorer. The usable data of an Oracle database is logically stored in the tablespaces and physically stored in the data files associated with the corresponding tablespaces (A tablespace consist of one or more physical data files). When a table is created,its segment is created within a designated tablespace.The space for this table is allocated in one or more of the data file that constitute the specified tablespace (The user cannot control wich data file store the table created,unless the tablespace comprise only one data file).

Miguel

Ikenna Aniagoh <IkeAniagoh_at_worldnet.att.net> wrote in article <01bc37b2$904d1b50$396992cf_at_WWW>...