help: LN function use in pl/sql

From: <c581534_at_sp2n09.missouri.edu>
Date: 1997/03/24

Hi there:
I came cross a problem using LN (or LOG) SQL function in pl/sql code within form 4.5 application. I am trying to do some intermediate calculation based on one table column and store in another table column. Her is the code from a procedure looks like:

        begin
        UPDATE one_table
                SET one_col = LN(another_col) * some_constant;
        end;

The problem is that I can not simply compile this code, because LN is not recognized. The reference book says that all these SQL function are supported in PL/SQL. And I did try other SQL function like SQRT, it works fine.

        Could anyone out there help me identify the problem with that. I'm running form 4.5 on Window 3.1 machine off ORACLE 7.3 server. I'd appreciate very much for any help.

Weixing Chen
c581534_at_showme.missouri.edu